Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Street Art




Last summer I was lucky enough to partake in an overseas adventure in Italy and France. An entire year later I still can't seem to shake it, I can't help it but I miss travelling during the summer months. I used to go every summer, but as many of you know as we get older, and we take on more responsibilities ( in my case a house) then travelling gets the back burner...but that doesn't mean that I can't reminisce.


I loved Italy, and one of my favourite cities was Florence. It is a lovely place, big enough that you can find anything you can dream of to do, but small enough that it doesn't seem overwhelming even for a foreigner like me. It's streets are quaint; beautiful shops and trattorias line the streets. Of course if you don't feel like waiting in the dead heat, in the around-the-block museum lineups to see Botticelli's Venus, no fear because the streets in Florence become the art, and the artists line the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment